ICT50220 – Diploma of Information Technology (Release 2) Duration 78 weeks (18 weeks break inclusive)
CRICOS Course Code:106455K
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have established specialised skills in a technical ICT function.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, as part of a team or leading a deliverable with others. They may apply their skills across a wide range of industries, business functions and departments, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Network Administrator
- IT Administrator
- IT Operations Administrator
- Network Services Administrator
- Network Support Coordinator
- Network Operations Analyst
Pathways from the qualification
After completing the ICT50220 – Diploma of Information Technology, students may articulate into further study of the Advanced Diploma of Information Technology or other Advanced Diploma level qualifications offered by any RTO. Or they may have opportunities to continue their studies in Bachelor Degree programs offered by any Australian Higher Education providers.
- [Age Requirement]: Be 18 years old or over.
- [Knowledge Requirement]: Students who intend to enrol in this course must prove their successful completion of Australian Year 12 or international equivalent, or has completed any Certificate IV level qualifications under AQF (LLN test is required if the applicant’s qualification is not in IT field), or has relevant experience in IT field for more than 6 months.
- [English Requirement]: For international students, IELTS overall 5.5 or its equivalent (TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge English are acceptable), OR complete Australian ELICOS course at upper intermediate level, OR complete any AQF Certificate IV course (or above) taught in English, OR pass the AWS English placement test at upper intermediate level (at least 60 points out of 100) unless your nationality is the US, UK, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland.
Delivery and Assessments
This program is delivered in an institution-based environment with face to face delivery (20 hours per week). The mode of training is highly practical with a combination of knowledge and practical tasks to enable the acquisition of knowledge and development of skills. You are also expected to undertake a total of 5 hours per week of structured self-paced activities at your own time.
AWS uses a range of assessment methods which include knowledge questions and projects incorporating research tasks, role-plays, case studies, observations etc. Depending on the unit requirements, various assessment methods are used to ensure the collection of valid and sufficient evidence of students’ performance.
Duration: 60 tuition weeks. (78 Weeks include break) The course consists of 20 units (6 core units plus 14 elective units) and is clustered into 6 groups in order to be delivered within 6 terms of full-time study load. The term duration is 10 weeks.
Please refer to the unit description on https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/ICT50220
|BSBCRT512||Originate and develop concepts|
|BSBXCS402||Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices|
|BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation|
|ICTICT532||Apply IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments|
|ICTSAS527||Manage client problems|
|ICTNWK529||Install and manage complex ICT networks|
|ICTNWK536||Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions|
|ICTNWK546||Manage network security|
|ICTSAD507||Design and implement quality assurance processes for business solutions|
|ICTSAD508||Develop technical requirements for business solutions|
|ICTSAD509||Produce ICT feasibility reports|
|ICTCYS407||Gather, analyse and interpret threat data|
|ICTSAS524||Develop, implement and evaluate an incident response plan|
|ICTSAS526||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTDBS505||Monitor and improve knowledge management systems|
|ICTWEB513||Build dynamic websites|
|ICTWEB514||Create dynamic web pages|
|ICTPMG505||Manage ICT projects|
|ICTICT526||Verify client business requirements|
Please note AWS reserves the right to change its electives. Should such changes occur, you will be notified at the point of enrolment.