BSB50420 - Diploma of Leadership and Management (Release 3)Duration 52 weeks (12 weeks break inclusive)
CRICOS Course Code: 106452B
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Job roles and titles may vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
• Strategic Management analyst
• Executive officer
• Business development manager
Pathways from the qualification
After completing the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management, students may articulate into further study of the Advanced Diploma of Business/Leadership Management offered by any RTO or they may have opportunities to continue their studies in Bachelor Degree programs offered by any Australian Higher Education providers.
- [Age Requirement]: At least 18 years old at the time of course commencement.
- [Knowledge Requirement]: Year 12 completion or overseas equivalent; OR Successful completion of any AQF Certificate IV level (or above) courses in Business or in relevant field. OR Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in supervisory role.
- [English Requirement]: For international students, IELTS overall 5.5 or its equivalent (TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge English are acceptable), OR complete Australian ELICOS course at upper intermediate level, OR complete any AQF Certificate IV course (or above) taught in English, OR pass the AWS English placement test at upper intermediate level (at least 60 points out of 100) unless your nationality is the US, UK, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland.
Delivery and Assessments
This program is delivered in an institution-based environment with face to face delivery (20 hours per week). The mode of training is highly practical with a combination of knowledge and practical tasks to enable the acquisition of knowledge and development of skills. You are also expected to undertake a total of 5 hours per week of structured self-paced activities at your own time.
AWS uses a range of assessment methods which include knowledge questions and projects incorporating research tasks, role-plays, case studies, observations etc. Depending on the unit requirements, various assessment methods are used to ensure the collection of valid and sufficient evidence of students’ performance.
Duration: 40 tuition weeks. (52 Weeks include break) The course consists of 12 units and is clustered into 4 groups in order to be delivered within 4 terms of full time study load. The term duration is 10 weeks.
Please refer to the unit description on https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB50420
|BSBCMM511||Communicate with influence|
|BSBLDR523||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness|
|BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others|
|BSBOPS502||Manage business operational plans|
|BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBXCM501||Lead communication in the workplace|
|BSBOPS501||Manage business resources|
|BSBOPS504||Manage business risk|
|BSBLDR522||Manage people performance|
|BSBPEF501||Manage personal and professional development|
Please note AWS reserves the right to change its electives. Should such changes occur, you will be notified at the point of enrolment.