BSB80120 - Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) (Release 1)
Duration 52 weeks (12 weeks break inclusive)
CRICOS Course Code:106454M
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply highly specialised knowledge and skills in the field of organisational learning and capability development. Individuals in these roles generate and evaluate complex ideas. They also initiate, design and execute major learning and development functions within an organisation. Typically, they would have full responsibility and accountability for the personal output and work of others.
This qualification may apply to leaders and managers in an organisation where learning is used to build organisational capability. The job roles that relate to this qualification may also include RTO Manager and RTO Director.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
• Career development manager (education sector)
• Learning and development manager
• Learning and development consultant
• RTO manager
• RTO education advisor
Pathways from the qualification
After completing the BSB80120 Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning), students may articulate to continue their studies in Master Degree programs offered by Australian Higher Education providers.
• Be at least 18 years old at the time of course commencement.
• Be able to demonstrate one of the following:
- Successful completion of BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management or its successor.
- Successful completion of BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management or its successor.
- Successful completion of bachelor’s degree (AQF level 7) in business or relevant industry.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business or management role.
• IELTS overall 5.5 or its equivalent (TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge English are acceptable) OR complete Australian ELICOS course at upper intermediate level OR complete any AQF 5 course (or above) taught in English OR pass the AWS English placement test at upper intermediate level (at least 60 points out of 100) unless your nationality is the US, UK, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland.
Delivery and Assessments
This program is delivered in an institution-based environment with face to face delivery (20 hours per week). The mode of training is highly practical with a combination of knowledge and practical tasks to enable the acquisition of knowledge and development of skills. You are also expected to undertake a total of 5 hours per week of structured self-paced activities at your own time.
AWS uses a range of assessment methods which include knowledge questions and projects incorporating research tasks, role-plays, case studies, observations etc. Depending on the unit requirements, various assessment methods are used to ensure the collection of valid and sufficient evidence of students’ performance.
Duration: 40 tuition weeks. (52 Weeks include break) The course consists of 8 units and is clustered into 6 groups in order to be delivered within 6 terms of full time study load. The term duration is 10 weeks.
Please refer to the unit description on https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB80120
|Contribute to the development of learning and development strategies
|Lead strategic transformation
|Implement improved learning practice
Elective Units from elective list Other Elective Unit
|Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
|Initiate and lead applied research
|Lead and manage organisational change
|Develop and cultivate collaborative partnerships and relationships
|Contribute to organisational performance development
Please note AWS reserves the right to change its electives. Should such changes occur, you will be notified at the point of enrolment.