Indicative costs of living in Australia
The Department of Home Affairs has financial requirements you must meet in order to receive a student visa for Australia. As of January 2023, the twelve (12) months estimated living costs are as follows:
• For students or guardians - AUD$30,000
• For partners coming with you - AUD$7,362
• For a child coming with you - AUD$3,152
The Insider Guides 'Cost of Living Calculator' is also a useful, practical tool to help estimate your cost of living in Australia www.insiderguides.com.au/cost-of-living-calculator/.
Please refer to the https://www.studyaustralia.gov.au/english/live/living-costs for more details.
Accommodation and living options
The following types of accommodation are available for international students along with its estimated ranges:
• Hotels and guesthouse - $200 to $400 per week
• Shared rentals - $150 to $300 per week
• On campus - $150 to $350 per week
• Homestay - $235 to $325 per week
• Rental - $185 to $440 per week
• Boarding schools - $14,000 to $25,000 per year
Our college does not provide accommodation directly to prospective students, but we do support our overseas students in regard to their accommodation. If you need information and support for accommodation in Sydney, please contact our staff members or give us a call at least 21 days before you arrive in Australia. For detailed information about the various types of accommodation and legal obligations and rights for renting in each state and territory, please visit https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/English/Live-in-Australia/Accommodation